Causal Agent: Colletotrichum cereale
Hosts: Poa annua, bentgrass, Kentucky bluegrass, fine-leaf fescues, perennial ryegrass
Epidemiology: Anthracnose develops over a range of temperatures and was generally considered a disease of poa annua only. Anthracnose has now been observed on creeping bentgrass (generally older varieties). Symptoms of basal rot develop at cooler temperatures (15 to 25°C), and foliar symptoms occur at temperatures above 26°C.
Target: Foliage, crowns, stolons and roots
Foliar Blight Evidence: On poa annua symptoms include a yellowing to reddish brown discoloration of leaves and a general thinning of the turf. Leaves die from their tips down. On creeping bentgrass symptoms appear reddish-tan and in other cases, older leaf blades are completely water-soaked.
Basal Rot Evidence: Crown tissues become infected and scattered plants or small patches of plants turn yellow and die. Close examination of the infected stem base reveals a water-soaked black rot of the crown tissue while the leaf blades exhibit no lesions.
Foliar Blight Clues: Distinctive fruiting bodies (acervuli) of the fungus with their protruding, black, hairlike structures (setae) can be observed with a hand lens.
Basal Rot Clues: Close examination of the infected stem base reveals a water-soaked black rot of the crown tissue. On creeping bentgrass, the stolons may also be affected.
- Broad spectrum strobilurin fungicide
- Engineered for quick plant uptake and even distribution within the plant
- Control of 12 turf diseases including Anthracnose, Take-all patch, Summer patch and Dollar spot
- Rapid mobility and rainfast in 15 minutes
- A non-conventional fungicide containing a highly concentrated and unique blend of phosphites
- Labelled for Microdochium patch, Anthracnose and Pythium blight
- Highly systemic with xylem and phloem mobility
- Direct and indirect dual mode of action
- Stimulates turf defence through SAR
- BioPriority™ Solution
Go to Product Page
- Broadest label of any SDHI registered for turf in Canada
- Controls key summer diseases like Anthracnose, Dollar spot & Brown patch
- Ideal for broad spectrum disease control and resistance management
- Highly systemic with acropetal and translaminar mobility within plant
- Convenient liquid formulation